-
August 15th, 2002, 07:18 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I have some interesting news.
Our school is being renovated, and some students came accross this box in a storage room that hasn't been open for some odd 20 years. The box was full of super 8 cameras. So it's going to be donated to the the film production class.
It's good because it will definately support super 8. The only downside is, I won't be the only kid in my neighbourhood using super 8 anymore. But oh well, I'm taking this course next year, and I might get a good supply of film.
Jeffery
-
August 16th, 2002, 08:58 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Jesus, that is cool news. It makes you wonder how many high schools and colleges are out there right now with old A/V rooms or closets people haven't ventured into in a long time...I'll bet there are a ton of cameras and projectors out there...not in use... just waiting to be liberated!
Chas
-
August 16th, 2002, 09:19 PM
#3
Inactive Member
I know! It's the coolest thing ever!
I stayed late at the school working on theatre productions or on the year book. And once, I went into a prop room and found a bin full of 16mm reels. That was a great find!
I took one home.. hoping no one would find out. Cause classes use educational videos on VHS, not 16mm??! .... right?
Jeffery
-
August 16th, 2002, 10:23 PM
#4
Inactive Member
There is nothing wrong with that.
Some semi-famous Super-8 guy (in the L.A. area at least) spoke to our Super-8 class at UCLA once. He went on and on about this very topic...how these items are not even being used or appreciated...most likely they will be thrown out. If it's not being used and no one has plans for it, why not?
-
August 16th, 2002, 11:59 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Thanks Chas,
Yeah, I told my friend I took the reel home. And he made me feel bad for stealing. I tried supporting my action by saying, 'it's not used anymore, no one's going to give a **** anyway'
but i could never convince him. how much would a 16mm reel be anyway? less than $5 most likely.
jeffery
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks